Tyzykovka Bazaar in Tashkent - the flea market where one can buy anything from toothpicks to Kalashnikov ;)
Uzbekis on guard against more terror attacks
QUALITY AS INCOMING
1. Wide shot Tashkent
2. Wide shot Islamic Institute
3. Donkey eating grass near a street
4. Soldiers guarding entrance to Chor-Su market
5. Wide shot market
6. Man making kebabs
7. Women asking about the price of potatoes
8. Wide shot a man reading an announcement urging citizens to report suspicious people and activities to authorities
9. Close up of police poster
Yangi-Obod, Kibrai, 10 km northeast of Tashkent
10. Wide shot view residents of the village
11. Wide shot men praying before eating
12. Wide shot women pouring tea
14. SOUNDBITE (Uzbek) Abdullah Tasimov, Chairman of mahallya (community):
We are telling people to watch for strange people and cars. All visitors should show their passports, so that we know why they have come here and from where.
15. Wide shot meeting
Authorities in the former Soviet republic of Uzbekistan are appealing to local residents to display caution and vigilance following a rash of unprecedented suicide bombings.
Four days of attacks and explosions last week killed at least 47 people, including 33 alleged terrorists.
Police posters have been put up in bazaars and other public places, explaining who to contact in the event of a threat of terrorist action.
Local governments are relying on small communities, known as mahallya, in their efforts to encourage vigilance.
On Sunday, 400 residents of the village of Yangi-Obod gathered for a mahallya meeting to discuss steps to ensure security in their small rural community, in the rural district of Kibrai, 10 kilometres (six miles) northeast of Tashkent.
A top anti-terror official in the Central Asian nation has suggested the militants who sparked the violence were linked to the Wahhabi sect of Islam believed to have inspired Osama bin Laden.
The prosecutor-general said last week that investigators were still determining which extremist group was behind the attacks, but that they were linked to international terrorist organisations.
You can license this story through AP Archive:
Find out more about AP Archive:
Место в Ташкенте где не ступала нога туриста. Янгиабад или Новая Тезиковка. 4 части
Gurlan Yangiobod 16 12 2019 Wedding Treiler (Shaxzodbek & Mohiraxon)