10 Best Places To Visit In Sri Lanka
► Please Remember to Subscribe! ►
► Follow me on Twitter:
10 Best Places To Visit In Sri Lanka.
Sri Lanka is a fascinating island country in the Indian Ocean with spectacular beaches, rich wildlife, a remarkable history and endless opportunities for adventures. Its flavorful food, famous tea, fun trains, oodles of elephants, welcoming people, timeless ruins, rolling surf, and cheap prices make it a great travel destination that it is today. If you are planning to explore this beautiful country, this article is going to help you make a perfect plan. Following are 10 best and most popular places to visit in Sri Lanka:
2. Yala National Park
6. Nuwara Eliya
7. Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage
8. Ancient city of Anuradhapura
10. Botanical Garden of Peradeniya
Electro-Light - Throwback [NCS Release]
Alan Walker - Fade [NCS Release]
This video is fair use under U.S. copyright law because it is noncommercial and transformative in nature, uses no more of the original than necessary, and has no negative effect on the market for the original work.
Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for fair use for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use. I DO NOT OWN ANY COPYRIGHTS. All rights goes to their respective owners No copyright infringement intended.
If you have any issue with the content used in my channel or you find something that belongs to you, before you claim it to youtube, please SEND ME A MESSAGE and i will DELETE it right away. Thanks for understanding.
Thanks for watching!
GALLE- SRI LANKA - ATTRACTIONS, TRANSPORT, COSTS, TIPS
Galle, Sri Lanka, on the south west coast. Famous for the Dutch Fort.. Check out my blog post on Galle for more information..
For travel information, costs, must see attractions, how to work and travel abroad long term and itineraries check out
If you have any questions, leave a comment below (or contact me on social media (links below). Thumbs up and subscribe for more travel adventures :)
For more information about hire the Wicked Campers or cars you can see the website we hired our 2 seater/2 sleeper camper car from
Cairns to Mossman Gorge/Daintree Rainforest Road Trip in Australia - including Trinity Beach, Palm Cove and Port Douglas.
Moving to Australia - steps, websites, finding housing and job information:
My Komodo National Park trip - Komodo Island, Rinca Island and Flores Island - Meeting real life man eating dragons in Indonesia
Berlin on a budget travel guide
Backpacking southeast Asia
Southeast Asia Highlights - must see
Life as an expat in Hong Kong one year review and tips
Hong Kong Daily expenses - v's Melbourne (a cost break down)
Save money while on road trips and backpacking in Australia
Hong Kong Attractions -
Lantau Island Hong Kong -
Cheung Chau Island Hong Kong -
Backpacking Asia -
vietnam travel itinerary
Follow me on FACEBOOK
or on INSTAGRAM
love jasmine xx
music: treat 63 (jengi beats)
10 Best Places to Visit in Sri Lanka - Travel Video
Sri Lanka may be a small island in the Indian Ocean but that’s the only thing small about it. The country, formerly known as Ceylon, boasts an ancient civilization, golden sandy beaches with their swaying coconut palms, mountains, and tea plantations. While visiting the island, you’ll see colonial architecture from the days when the Portuguese, Dutch and English ruled. You’ll also see lots of elephants, some of which participate in local festivals and, if you’re lucky, perhaps a leopard or two at a wildlife sanctuary. Here’s a look at the best places to visit in Sri Lanka:
12 things you shouldn't miss in Sri Lanka - Lonely Planet's Best in Travel
With untouched golden beaches to discover, atmospheric train rides through tea-carpeted hills, and ancient temples to admire, Sri Lanka is Lonely Planet's top country to travel to in 2019. Here are 12 more reasons to visit next year.
Find the full list of Best in Travel 2019 destinations at
Top 10 Best Places to Visit in SriLanka !! Tourist Attractions in Srilanka
Top 10 Best Places to Visit in SriLanka !! Tourist Attractions in Srilanka
Best Places to Visit in Sri Lanka
By [ Kaliappan
Sri Lanka offers a variety of options for travelers; it may be really hard for you to fix on an itinerary. It is tempting to visit almost every place that it has to offer. However, you could take your pick depending on your interests. With surfing and hiking options you are all set to let the adventurer inside you take charge. A 9-day itinerary, would do you good if you plan to visit this gorgeous country.
Colombo: The capital city of Sri Lanka is where you are going to land and while you are at it,you may want to take advantage of going around the city. You could also visit Negombo which is 35kms north of Colombo.
Galle: The drive to Galle from Colombo Airport takes approximately 2.5 hrs. The other options are a train or a bus which would take longer. Spending an afternoon in Galle would be sufficient for you to go to your next stop. Besides Galle, Your best bet would be Hikkaduwa and Unawatuna, which are two lovely beaches, which are 20 minutes apart from each other.
The cultural triangle: You definitely do not want to miss the cultural triangle, traditionally referred to as the king's land. If you are particularly interested in culture and history you would want to visit Anuradhapura, which is an ancient city dating back to the 3rd century BC. The cave temples in Dambulla, the ruins of Polonnawura, and the Sigriya Rock Fortress are the must see's in this region. The beautiful temple architecture and the magnificent statues of Buddha will leave you totally mesmerized. This could easily take 3 days of sightseeing.
Ella: Ella is little village located in the midst of tea gardens. It is a good place for trekking and the hills make the weather pleasant. IT is approximately 200 km to the east of Colombo and is a great place to visit if you want to enjoy some peace and serenity.
Adams Peak: Adams Peak (also known as Sri Pada) is a conical mountain, that stands (7,359 ft) tall. It has about 6 trails that you can venture on. It is advisable to seek local guidance when choosing a trail.
Horton Plains: The Horton Plains are located in the central highlands of Sri Lanka. It is popular for its tourist attraction and is popularly known as Worlds End which is a cliff that stands at a height of 4000 ft. The Horton Plains can be accessed from Nuwara Eliya. The Baker's fall is also a popular tourist attraction in this area.
Yala National Park: The Yala National park is known for its density of leopards. It has a variety of other animals including Sri Lankan Elephants. Yala has safari options and is a treat for wildlife lovers. Now that you do have a list of places you'd like to visit. You could engage a travel operator, who could arrange your trip. Getting a travel operator may help ease the stress of planning out the entire trip, yourself. A local [ operator could offer further advice on whether the places listed are accessible and arrange for your transportation and stay. However if you plan to explore this gorgeous country by yourself make sure you have first done your research well.
I am Rahaventhan Kaliappan who is living in colombo. You can get the best travel related services from
Article Source: [ Best Places to Visit in Sri Lanka
10 Best Places to Visit in Sri Lanka - Sri Lanka Travel
Best Places to Visit in Sri Lanka & Tourist Attractions in Sri Lanka - Sri Lanka Travel Guide and Tips.
Copyright: Video created by: Bynn Du
Thank For Creative Commons of Authors:
Music: YouTube Audio Library
Title: Italian Morning
Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (
Artists: Twin Musicom (
Creative Commons Photos:
10. Nuwara Eliya
Patty Ho: flickr.com/photos/patio/8512600369
Kirk Siang: flickr.com/photos/kirksiang/23883080209
Hafiz Issadeen: flickr.com/photos/yimhafiz/5089240845
Hafiz Issadeen: flickr.com/photos/yimhafiz/5113422444
Hafiz Issadeen: flickr.com/photos/yimhafiz/5734959833
Hafiz Issadeen: flickr.com/photos/yimhafiz/5739960553
Jérôme Decq: flickr.com/photos/lesphotosdejerome/8400096116
Jérôme Decq: flickr.com/photos/lesphotosdejerome/8399007745
Falco Ermert: flickr.com/photos/132646954@N02/29448586463
Falco Ermert: flickr.com/photos/132646954@N02/29779088050
5. Yala National Park
Patty Ho: flickr.com/photos/patio/8520956407
Patty Ho: flickr.com/photos/patio/8514843858
Hafiz Issadeen: flickr.com/photos/yimhafiz/5106466771
Hafiz Issadeen: flickr.com/photos/yimhafiz/5111251936
Patty Ho: flickr.com/photos/patio/8527839779
Patty Ho: flickr.com/photos/patio/8527954907
Brian Sloan: flickr.com/photos/bsloan/37134862801
Chamara Samaraweera: flickr.com/photos/137620268@N03/24254949281
f. ermert: flickr.com/photos/132646954@N02/29448590113
GALLE FORT - A PIECE OF EUROPE IN SRI LANKA | VLOG #34
Hikkaduwa and Galle are two of the most popular places to visit in Sri Lanka. While Hikkaduwe is known for the underwater world and partying, Galle is famous for it's Dutch fort. As you will see in the vlog, Galle is a super interesting destination! Let us know if you liked it and leave a comment if you want, we'd love to hear from you!
✩ SUBSCRIBE -
✩ Website –
✩ Instagram -
✩ Facebook –
✩ Twitter -
OUR CAMERA GEAR -
✩ Sony RX100 mk3 -
✩ DJI Osmo -
✩ DJI Phantom 4 -
✩ Canon 5d mk2 -
✩ Canon Lens 24-105 2.8 -
✩ Canon Lens 50mm 1.8 -
✩ Rode Mic -
✩ Joby Gorilla pod -
✩ Manfrotto Drone Backpack -
✩ Extra batteries P4 -
✩ Extra batteries Osmo -
✩ Lacie External Harddisk
✩ DJI Mavic Pro -
✩ Go Pro Hero 5 Black -
✩ Panasonic GH5 -
✩ Ikan Gimbal for DSLR -
FAQs – just a few of the questions we get asked mostly but feel free to ask us anything guys!
Q: When and where did you guys meet?
A: Nusa Lembongan, Indonesia, 2015
Q: Where are you from?
A: Hugo is from Holland and Noemie from the French part of Canada (Quebec)
Q: What editing program do you guys use?
A: Adobe Premiere Pro
Q: Do you use a specific LUTs for color grading?
A: Most of the time we use the OSIRIS LUTs
Q: I want more information on a location you guys went to!
A: We write about all our adventures (and more!) on our website:
Q: How can you travel like this?
A: in November 2016 we left everything behind with budget for roughly 9 months of travel
P.s. thanks for watching our videos!
Best Things To Do in Galle, Sri Lanka
Galle Travel Guide. MUST WATCH. Top 10 things you have to do in Galle. We have sorted Tourist Attractions in Galle for You. Discover Galle as per the Traveler Resources given by our Travel Specialists. You will not miss any fun thing to do in Galle.
This Video has covered top 10 Best Things to do in Galle.
Don't forget to Subscribe our channel to view more travel videos. Click on Bell ICON to get the notification of updates Immediately.
List of Best Things to do in Galle, Sri Lanka.
Sea Turtle Farm
Martin Wickramasinghe Folk Museum Complex
Old Town of Galle and its Fortifications
Sinharaja Forest Reserve
Dutch Reformed Church
Dutch Hospital Shopping Precinct
Galle Fort Lighthouse
Japanese Peace Pagoda
Top 13 Places to Visit in Sri Lanka | Best Attractions of Sri Lanka | Best Beaches Of Sri Lanka
► Please Remember to Subscribe! ►
► Follow me on Twitter:
My personal top Top 13 Places to visit in Sri Lanka and best to do in Sri Lanka that shouldn’t be missed when visiting. This video can be your Sri Lanka travel guide to plan your trip to Sri Lanka. These are again some of the best places to visit in Sri Lanka
Here are few of the best tourist attractions in Sri Lanka. And best things to do in Sri Lanka
1. Kandy to Ella Train: Taking the train is the most comfortable way to travel. You can meet other travelers and locals, read, listen to music, relax and watch the landscape. Train travel in Sri Lanka is both a beautiful and affordable way to see the country, and no trip is more scenic than the train from Ella to Kandy.
2. Lover's Leap Waterfall (Nuwara Eliya): This a pretty little fall, and the walk is quite pleasant. Plan it for the morning when it's clear.
3. The Single Tree Hill: The word “Single Tree” has been in existence from time immemorial. An excellent view of the sunrise can be seen from the top of this mountain. Situated 6890 ft above mean sea level and takes about 90 minutes to reach the top. Single Tree hill is the best vantage point to observe the beauty of Nuwara Eliya and the beauty of Haggala Mountain range.
4. Ramboda Waterfall (Nuwara Eliya): Ramboda Falls is 109 m high and 11th highest waterfall in Sri Lanka and 729th highest waterfall in the world. It is situated in Pussellawa area, on the A5 highway at Ramboda Pass.
5. Little Adam's Peak: The Little Adam`s Peak, 1141 m high, is fairly easy to climb, with a good path all the way up. The trip is about 2-3 hours in total. It is not a challenging hike and it`s quite short, but gives you a good impression of the landscape around Ella and the view is fantastic!
6. Pidurangala Rock: Pidurangala is a massive rock formation located a few kilometers north of Sigiriya in Sri Lanka. It has an interesting history closely related to that of the Sigiriya Rock Fortress. Pidurangala was formed by volcanic activity.
7. Horton's Plain: Horton Plains is a beautiful, silent, strange world with some excellent hikes in the shadows of Sri Lanka’s second- and third-highest mountains, Kirigalpotta (2395m) and Totapola (2359m). The ‘plains’ themselves form an undulating plateau over 2000m high, covered by wild grasslands and interspersed with patches of thick forest, rocky outcrops, filigree waterfalls and misty lakes. The surprising diversity of the landscape is matched by the wide variety of wildlife.
8. The World's End: The walk to World’s End is 4km, but the trail loops back to Baker’s Falls (2km) and continues back to the entrance (another 3.5km). The 9.5km round trip takes a leisurely three hours. Unless you get there early the view from World’s End is often obscured by mist.
9. Ella Rock: Ella Rock is a famous cliff, located high above Ella’s village, roughly a two hours strenuous trek from the center of town. The rock offers stunning views across the hill country and the plains below.
10. Jaffna Fort: Situated on the south side of the Jaffna peninsula at the water’s edge of the lagoon, the ancient Jaffna Fort is the second largest existing fort in the Island. Originally built by the Portuguese in 1619 and re-built and expanded by the Dutch during the second half of the 17th and the 18th centuries to facilitate trading activities of Sri Lanka’s northern region indicate not only of Jaffna’s strategic importance to Europeans but its significance throughout Sri Lanka’s history.
11. Mirissa Beach: Mirissa is 4km southeast of Weligama, and is another quickly developing crescent of beach.
12. Kankesanthurai or KSS Beach: KKS is considered to be one of the best beaches in the Northern Province; the other being Casuarina Beach. Untouched and less crowded this strip of shore provides unique experiences that one can only find in this northernmost coast. It is one where visitors step into pristine waters and enjoy a swim in the hopes of cooling off after a long day of exploring the town in the sun.
13. Whale Watching: The best place to spot whales is in Mirissa, a small tourist town on Sri Lanka’s south coast, popular for surfing and famous for whale watching.
14. Galle: The seaside town of Galle is 116 Km away from Colombo.
This video is just an iota of all the fun I had in my 15 days of my solo backpacking travel to Sri Lanka, not to mentioned under 500$. I traveled from the central to the bottom and then to the top covering as much ground as I could. I tried to fit as much as I could in this video. However, there is a lot I would love to share but I have kept it for my blog. I would be mentioning the itinerary that followed. If you consider this video interesting. Please like, comment and subscribe to my channel.
You can also go through my blog for my previous trips here:
10 days in SRI LANKA - The unknown spots
Sri Lanka is crazy beautiful. It's even more beautiful than the normal spots we always see like Kandy, Ella and the south coast. In this video, we delve into the unvisited and unchartered territory that don't appear in your usual travel recommendations.
Follow me on Instagram: @markharrison4
Additional drone clips by @solhaugen... give him a look!
Additional dslr clips by @valdays... also a beast!
DRONE ND's: MARKHARRISON code 10% off
WIDE PHONE LENS: 10%code MARKHARRISON
VIDEO EDITING SOFWARE:
PHOTO EDITING SOFTWARE:
Save $10 on check out with the code MARK10
MY TRAVEL INSURANCE -