Greenfield is a city and county seat of Adair County, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 1,982. Continue reading... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
The Best Attractions In Greenfield
1. AdventurelandAltoona Iowa Adventureland is a family-owned amusement park in Altoona, Iowa . It is marketed as featuring over 100 rides, shows and attractions. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
2. John Wayne Birthplace & MuseumWinterset Marion Mitchell Morrison , known professionally as John Wayne and nicknamed The Duke, was an American actor and filmmaker. An Academy Award-winner for True Grit , Wayne was among the top box office draws for three decades.Born in Winterset, Iowa, Wayne grew up in Southern California. He was president of Glendale High class of 1925. He found work at local film studios when he lost his football scholarship to the University of Southern California as a result of a bodysurfing accident. Initially working for the Fox Film Corporation, he appeared mostly in small bit parts. His first leading role came in Raoul Walsh's widescreen epic The Big Trail , which led to leading roles in numerous B movies throughout the 1930s, most of them in the Western genre. Wayne's career began in 1930 with Raoul Wal... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
3. Roseman Covered BridgeWinterset The Roseman Covered Bridge is a historic covered bridge in Winterset, Iowa. It is prominently featured in the novel The Bridges of Madison County, as well as its film adaptation. It was built in 1883 over the Middle River, and renovated in 1992. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
4. High Trestle TrailAnkeny High Trestle Trail is a rail trail running from Ankeny to Woodward in central Iowa. The recreation trail opened on April 30, 2011. It is a paved recreational trail that runs through the Polk, Story, Boone, and Dallas counties. The trail's name is derived from a former 1913 bridge that spanned the Des Moines River between the towns of Madrid and Woodward. Conservation board directors and the Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation estimate that more than 3,000 people use this trail each week. The trail is a major component of a planned pair of 100-mile loops that will meet near Des Moines. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
7. Iowa Aviation Museum & Hall of FameGreenfield Iowa The Iowa Aviation Museum is located at the Greenfield Municipal Airport in Greenfield, Iowa, and is dedicated to preserving Iowa's aviation heritage. The Iowa Aviation Hall of Fame, located at the museum, honors Iowans who have contributed significantly to the growth of aviation. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Find Your Park in the Midwest Region (Part 3)
This series of videos produced by the National Park Service's Midwest Region highlights the staff and Midwest park sites in a fun, creative and unexpected way. We hope you enjoy this series and look forward to the next installments. You just never know what you'll find in the Midwest Region, you just may Find Your Park!
Wanted in South Dakota USA-UK & Irish dairy farmers
A few years ago i went over to South Dakota in the US. to see dairy farms and cheese plants in the Sioux Falls area (Along the Interstate 29). We were guests of SD Min of AGriculture. The SD government wanted UK and Irish farmers to build new dairy farms on green field sites- Minimum size - 500 cows up to 2500 cows or more. The State required 65.000 more cows to supply cheese plants.
Bedford Iowa's Junction Cafe Crazy Good BBQ on Our Story's What's Cookin
Join Lenny Leftover as he tells us how he was the only leftover in sight after a stop into Junction Cafe Crazy Good BBQ located in Bedford, Iowa a great community in Taylor County.
Yerba Buena Gardens
The Gardens are a great place to visit and they are right next to the Montgomery and Powell street stations. For more information, visit BART.gov.
BigRigTravels LIVE! - Short trip to shipper, Idaho Falls, Idaho - June 9, 2016
BigRigSteve is an American trucker that trucks all 48 states. He has equipped his truck with a LIVE Truckcam and still-image webcam. He keeps his Road Crew up-to-date by using Fully Automated GPS trip maps and other GPS related information. He blogs about his daily experiences on the road, And he uses high definition videos, photography, and interactive panoramas to show America's highways to the rest of the world! Become one of the Road Crew and visit us at To learn more about BigRigTravels, visit these links:
Facebook: Trucking in America. Reality and Slow TV in it's original and truest form. Get your BigRigTravels shirts and decals at Get your BigRigTravels shirts and decals at #trucking #BigRigTravels #BigRigSteve
Places of Interest in Saddleworth Water and the Countryside
Passing through on the way to Holmfirth lovely autumn colours