BELARUS Top 50 Tourist Places | Belarus Tourism
Belarus (Things to do - Places to Visit) - BELARUS Top Tourist Places
A country in Europe
Belarus, a landlocked country in Eastern Europe, is known for its Stalinist architecture, grand fortifications, and primeval forests.
In the modern capital, Minsk, the monumental KGB Headquarters loom over Independence Square, while the Museum of the Great Patriotic War commemorates the country’s role in WWII. The capital is also home to many churches, including the neo-Romanesque Church of Saints Simon and Helena.
BELARUS Top 50 Tourist Places | Belarus Tourism
Things to do in BELARUS - Places to Visit in Belarus
Follow us on Twitter
For Top Tourist Places, Videos Subscribe us on Youtube
Follow us on Facebook
BELARUS Top 50 Tourist Places - Belarus, Europe
Major Jewish Sights of Belarus
Ask for a quotation on minsktours.by (culture tours) or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Jewish history is an integral, and, sadly, almost forgotten part of Belarus. We must remember about the history and culture of the neighbours of our ancestors - like our own! - because only this way we will be able to create a country of our own.
Pinsk in pre-revolutionary photographs
Дореволюционная Россия на фотографиях
Пинск вокруг 1900 г.
Pre-revolutionary Russia in photographs
Pinsk around 1900.
Here I present an album of photograpohs of the city of Pinsk, dating back to Pre-revolutionary times when the city was part of thel Russian Empire....
Today, the city is located in Belarus, in the Polesia region, traversed by the river Pina, at the confluence of the Strumen and Pripyat rivers.
From the Barcarolle No.5 in A minor, Op.93, No.4 by Anton Rubinstein
Border Poland-Belarus, Grudki, Bialowieza, Podlaskie, Poland, Europe
Polish-Belarusian border is the state border between Poland and the Republic of Belarus. It has a total length of 398.6 km (247.7 mi), 418 km (260 mi) or 416 km (258 mi) It starts from the triple junction of the borders with Lithuania in the north and stretches to the triple junction borders with Ukraine to the south. Is also part of the EU border with Belarus. After September 1939 the BSSR were included in Western Belarus. Have established five new areas: Baranavichy, Belostokskaya, Brest, Pinsk and Vialejka. In accordance with the treaty signed August 16, 1945 between the USSR and Poland on the state border of Poland passed 17 districts Bialystok Region BSSR with 3 Bialystok and Brest region, where a significant amount of Poles lived. In 1946, during the refinement of the state border of the USSR and Poland from the Grodno Region in favor of the NDP were transferred to the village Klimovka, Minkovtsy, Nomiki, Taki, crush, Šimák Members of Sapotskinsky area - the village and Todorkavtsy Hvorostyan. Thereafter, and until now the border between Poland and Belarus has not changed. River borders (from north to south) are Black Gancia, Volkushanka, Svislach Narew and Western Bug. The Border Agreement between Poland and the USSR of 16 August 1945 established the borders between the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR) and the Republic of Poland. It was signed by the Provisional Government of National Unity (Tymczasowy Rząd Jedności Narodowej) formed by the Polish communists. According to the treaty, Poland officially accepted the ceding its pre-war Eastern territory to the USSR (Kresy) which was decided earlier in Yalta already. Some of the territory along the Curzon line, established by Stalin during the course of the war, was returned to Poland. The treaty also recognised the division of the former German East Prussia and ultimately approved the finalised delimitation line between the Soviet Union and Poland: from the Baltic sea, to the border tripoint with Czechoslovakia in the Carpathians. The Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact of August 1939 provided for the partition of the Second Polish Republic between the USSR and Nazi Germany. Following the corresponding invasions, a new border was drawn up, though based on the Curzon Line, deviated west of it in several regions. Most notably, was the Belastok Voblast, that was added to the Byelorussian Soviet Socialist Republic, although most of the region was populated by Poles. After Germany's invasion of the USSR, the territory in question was also re-partitioned by the Nazis. Ukraine and Belarus were administered by the occupation Ostland and Reichskommissariat Ukraine Reichskommissariats. Galician territory east of the 1939 border and the Belastok Voblast plus adjacent territory to the east of this were transformed respectively into the Distrikt Galizien and Bezirk Bialystok, and subjugated directly to the Reich. Following the Soviet Union's liberation of Ukraine and Belarus, in 1943/1944 the Tehran and Yalta discussed upon the future of the Polish-Soviet borders, and the Allied leaders recognised the Soviet right to the territory east of the 1939 border. However, after the liberation of Western Ukraine and Belarus in summer of 1944, a Polish committee formed in the town of Sapotskin sent a letter to Moscow asking that they remain part of Poland. Stalin agreed, and on 29th of September, administration of 17 (of the 23) districts of Belastok Voblast (including the city of Białystok) and an additional three (Siemiatycze, Hajnówka and Kleszczele) of the Brest Voblast was passed to the Polish Committee of National Liberation from the BSSR. In October 1944 these were joined by a further transfer of Lubaczów, Horyniec, Laszki, Uhnów and Sieniawa raions of the Lviv Oblast from the Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic. In March 1945, an additional batch of land, the Bieszczady, Lesko, and most of Przemyśl raions(including Przemyśl city) were transferred to Poland from the Drohobych Oblast of Ukraine to the now Provisional Government of the Republic of Poland. Soon afterwards World War II finished, and as the Provisional Government continued to transfer administration from military to civil bodies, it also finalised its new borders with its neighbours, and in particular, the Soviet Union. On 16th of August 1945, the border agreement was officially signed by Edward Osóbka-Morawski, on behalf of the Provisional Government of National Unity and Vyacheslav Molotov, the Soviet Minister of Foreign affairs. The exchange of ratified documents occurred on 5 February 1946 in Warsaw, and from that date the agreement was in force.