Best places to visit
Best places to visit - Charlottenlund (Denmark) Best places to visit - Slideshows from all over the world - City trips, nature pictures, etc.
Bodil (Xaver) storm in Esbjerg, Denmark (2013)
Segla i Danmark - Lolland Falster området
Film om segling i Danmark omkring Lolland Falster.
Roskilde Cathedral in Denmark - world heritage #02
You cannot miss the cathedral of Roskilde, it is prominent in its presence, towering above everything. The first version of the cathedral was made of wood and built by Viking king Harald Bluetooth. The king had converted to Christianity and became a loyal follower of the Catholic faith. In 1170 the Danish archbishop Absalon gave instructions to build a cathedral from stone. His followers, however, changed construction plans, they had studied in Paris and were most impressed by the Gothic style. In the end they built a Gothic Roman cathedral. Each king to follow gave the church a personal signature. They rebuilt the cathedral and expanded it step by step. The result was a harmonic whole with characteristic towers, windows, altars and chapels.
The Roskilde cathedral is thus special, it is indeed the architecture and the interior of the church that tells a lot about the Danish history. That is precisely why this portrait of an era is on the world heritage list.
Info HighRes imagery:
© All Rights reserved by Fauna Film B.V.
Music title: dreamlike BY Kevin MacLeod incompetech.com
licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 ©
Holiday Weekend in Denmark
Kokkedal Castle Copenhagen 5⋆ Review 2019
Kokkedal Castle Copenhagen 5⋆
Karen Blixen Museum - Nairobi, Kenya
- Created at TripWow by TravelPod Attractions (a TripAdvisor™ company)
Karen Blixen Museum Nairobi
This is the beautiful farmhouse where Karen Blixen, author of Out of Africa, lived between 1914 and 1931, until she left Kenya after a series of personal tragedies.
Read more at:
Travel blogs from Karen Blixen Museum:
- ... Our first stop The Karen Blixen Museum ...
- ... 'Out of Africa' was both set and filmed if that gives you an idea of the standard we're talking - we almost visited the Karen Blixen museum, but it's also scandalously expensive, so I've decided to just by 'Out of Africa' on DVD when we get back to the ...
- ... The next day we barter (Shayaan does) with a cab and we get a trip out the the Karen Blixen Museum - as in Out of Africa - and then go to the Giraffe Center where we get to pet and feed the Rothchild Giraffes (the ...
- ... the guide went over to the Karen Blixen museum next, her claim to fame was the out of africa saga(read the book way to long to explain) then off to a ...
Read these blogs and more at:
- Nairobi, Kenya
Photos in this video:
- Karen Blixen Museum by Fbauchet from a blog titled 12/07/09
- Karen blixen museum by Iamfine24 from a blog titled Nairobi National Park
The Gefion Fountain in Copenhagen. LGBT TRAVELS ©
The Gefion Fountain ( Danish: Gefionspringvandet ) in Copenhagen is located not far from The Little Mermaid. Denmark. EUROPE
Iceland -- August, 2013
This is a concatenation of short video clips I shot while Lori and I were hiking across Iceland with Wilderness Travel. Steam, boiling water, friendly people, good beer, fine imported wines, glaciers, lava flows, delicious food, fireworks, waterfalls, and rain. Iceland has it all.
For the whole story, please see
Daytona Beach Shores, Florida Part 5 Rainstorm
Ambient sounds from the beach and ocean. Except where I accidentally burped, coughed, farted, or sang a song.