Lafayette Parish is a parish located in the U.S. state of Louisiana. As of the 2010 census, the population was 221,578. The parish seat is Lafayette. The parish was founded in 1823. It was named in honor of the Marquis de Lafayette, the French general who took part in the Continental Army in the American Revolutionary War and financially aided it.Lafayette Parish is part of the Lafayette, LA Metropolitan Statistical Area and Lafayette-Opelousas-Morgan City, LA Combined Statistical Area. Continue reading... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
2. VermilionvilleLafayette Lafayette is a city in and the parish seat of Lafayette Parish, Louisiana, located along the Vermilion River in the southwestern part of the state. The city of Lafayette is the fourth-largest in the state, with a population of 127,657 according to 2015 U.S. Census estimates. It is the principal city of the Lafayette, Louisiana Metropolitan Statistical Area, with a 2015 estimated population of 490,488. The larger trade area or Combined Statistical Area of Lafayette-Opelousas-Morgan City CSA was 627,146 in 2015. Its nickname is The Hub City. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
3. Cathedral of St John the EvangelistLafayette The Cathedral of Saint John the Evangelist or La Cathédrale St-Jean, originally called l'Église St-Jean du Vermilion, is the cathedral and mother church of the Catholic Diocese of Lafayette. It was the first parish in Lafayette Parish, founded in 1821, and was made cathedral upon the erection of the diocese in 1918.The historic church, located at 515 Cathedral Street in downtown Lafayette, is the third structure built on the site. The land was donated in 1821 by Jean Mouton, a wealthy planter who had founded the town as Vermilionville. The cornerstone was laid in 1913, and the church was completed in 1916 in the Dutch Romanesque Revival style. A large red and white brick structure, its notable features include stained glass produced in Munich depicting the life of the patron, oil paintin... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
4. Acadian VillageLafayette The Acadians are the descendants of French colonists who settled in Acadia during the 17th and 18th centuries, some of whom are also descended from the Indigenous peoples of the region. The colony was located in what is now Eastern Canada's Maritime provinces , as well as part of Quebec, and present-day Maine to the Kennebec River. Although today most of the Acadians and Québécois are French-speaking Canadians, Acadia was a distinctly separate colony of New France. It was geographically and administratively separate from the French colony of Canada . As a result, the Acadians and Québécois developed two distinct histories and cultures. They also developed a slightly different French language. France has one official language and to accomplish this they have an administration in charge ... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
5. Lafayette Science MuseumLafayette Lafayette is a city in and the parish seat of Lafayette Parish, Louisiana, located along the Vermilion River in the southwestern part of the state. The city of Lafayette is the fourth-largest in the state, with a population of 127,657 according to 2015 U.S. Census estimates. It is the principal city of the Lafayette, Louisiana Metropolitan Statistical Area, with a 2015 estimated population of 490,488. The larger trade area or Combined Statistical Area of Lafayette-Opelousas-Morgan City CSA was 627,146 in 2015. Its nickname is The Hub City. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
6. Acadian Cultural CenterLafayette Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve protects significant examples of the rich natural and cultural resources of Louisiana's Mississippi River Delta region. The park, named after the pirate Jean Lafitte, also interprets the influence of environment and history on the development of the unique Cajun regional culture. The park consists of six physically separate sites and a park headquarters. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
8. The Best Stop SupermarketScott Louisiana This is a list of supermarket companies in the United States of America and the names of supermarkets which are owned or franchised by these companies. For supermarkets worldwide, see List of supermarkets. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
9. Paul and Lulu Hilliard University Art MuseumLafayette The Paul and Lulu Hilliard University Art Museum is a museum located in Lafayette, Louisiana. It is the art museum for the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and is named after Paul and Lulu Hilliard, who donated $3 million for the building's construction. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
13. Acadiana MallLafayette Acadiana, or The Heart of Acadiana , is the official name given to the French Louisiana region that is home to a large Francophone population. Many are of Acadian descent and are now identified as Cajun. Of the 64 parishes that make up the U.S. state of Louisiana, 22 named parishes and other parishes of similar cultural environment make up this intrastate region. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
15. Jump ZoneLafayette Estes Park is a statutory town in Larimer County, Colorado, United States. A popular summer resort and the location of the headquarters for Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park lies along the Big Thompson River. Estes Park had a population of 5,858 at the 2010 census. Landmarks include The Stanley Hotel and The Baldpate Inn. The town overlooks Lake Estes and Olympus Dam. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Lafayette Parish Videos
The 10 Best Places To Live In Louisiana
The 10 Best Places To Live In Louisiana For 2018. ============= ► Subscribe for latest video ! ► ► Follow me on Twitter: ► Facebook: ============= Louisiana is a southeastern U.S. state on the Gulf of Mexico. Its history as a melting pot of French, African, American and French-Canadian cultures is reflected in its Creole and Cajun cultures. Famous for lively and colourful Mardi Gras celebrations that are full of soul, jazz music, distinctive foods and flavours, and for its many festivals all throughout the year, Louisiana is also home to the world’s longest water-spanning bridge and the USA’s tallest state capitol. Unfortunately, the weather in Louisiana is unpredictable, to say the least. Plan to experience all four seasons in just a few days! Temperatures can vary wildly and while one day may be perfect beach weather, the following day could be wet and windy or shiver-inducing cold. The laid-back lifestyle and rich diversity of the state make Louisiana a great place to live. Louisiana is filled with some of the most amazing small towns and bigger cities in the country. It can be difficult to know exactly where it’s best to settle down. But for those who have spent significant amounts of time in the city, there are certainly some places that stand out among the crowd.
Here are the 10 best places to live in Louisiana for 2018: 1. Lafayette. 2. Baton Rouge. 3. New Orleans. 4. Alexandria. 5. Mandeville. 6. Scott. 7. Bossier City. 8. Youngsville. 9. Inniswold. 10. Prien. Thanks for watching this video. I hope it's useful for you. (This article is an opinion based on facts and is meant as infotainment) Music by Nicolai Heidlas ( ============= If you have any issue with the content used in my channel or you find something that belongs to you, please contact: ►Business email: email@example.com
Top Tourist Attractions in Lafayette - Travel Louisiana
Top Tourist Attractions and Beautiful Places in Lafayette - Travel Louisiana: Cathedral of St John the Evangelist, Vermilionville Lafayette, Lake Martin Rookery, Acadian Cultural Center, Children's Museum of Acadiana, Lafayette Science Museum, Evangeline State Park, The Acadiana Center for the Arts, The University Art Museum, Alexandre Mouton House
Lafayette - Best Cultural Attraction - Louisiana 2013
Known as the tastiest town of the south, Lafayette provides another side to the Louisiana landscape.
Lafayette is the fourth-largest city in the state, and is the larger principal city of the Lafayette--Acadiana combined statistical area it is the parish seat of Lafayette Parish, Louisiana, United States, on the Vermilion River.
Louisiana Travel and Tourism - YouTube HD
Away from the hustle and bustle of the big cities, Louisiana is a world onto itself.
music by The James Quintet 09 - Stella (take 02)
Best Things To Do in Shreveport, Louisiana LA
Shreveport Travel Guide. MUST WATCH. Top 10 things you have to do in Shreveport. We have sorted Tourist Attractions in Shreveportfor You. Discover Shreveportas per the Traveler Resources given by our Travel Specialists. You will not miss any fun thing to do in Shreveport.
This Video has covered top 10 Best Things to do in Shreveport.
Don't forget to Subscribe our channel to view more travel videos. Click on Bell ICON to get the notification of newly uploaded videos.
List of Best Things to do in Shreveport, Louisiana (LA)
R. W. Norton Art Gallery Shreveport Aquarium Shreveport Water Works Museum Louisiana State Exhibit Museum Louisiana Boardwalk Margaritaville Resort Casino Sci-Port Discovery Center Barksdale Global Power Museum Horseshoe Casino Caddo Parish Confederate Monument
Visit Vermilion Parish, Louisiana
The Most Cajun place on Earth, Vermilion Parish Louisiana
Louisiana Road Trip: An Ultimate Tour of Charming Small Towns
Unwind on a Louisiana Road Trip to historic Alexandria, waterside beauty New Orleans Northshore, Cajun-inspired Lafayette and laid-back Lake Charles.
Connect on our social channels: ✈ Like Visit The USA: ✈ Follow Visit The USA: ✈ Follow Visit The USA:
Welcome to the official channel of United States tourism. Our goal is to inspire people from around the world to explore all the exciting travel possibilities in the United States. Watch our videos and discover it, all within your reach.
Road Trip #158 - US-80 W - Monroe, Louisiana
In this video, we drive west on US Highway 80 across the city of Monroe, Louisiana...the parish seat of Ouachita Parish. Here, US-80 is named Desiard Street, for Bayou Desiard, which runs just to the north of the highway. After crossing US Highway 165, US-165 Business route runs concurrent with US-80 for several miles. US-80 becomes Louisville Avenue. At 5th and 6th Streets, US-165 Business turns away to the north, and Louisiana Highway 15, comes in from the north, and overlaps US-80. At the Ouachita River, we leave Monroe, and enter West Monroe, and end this video.
Uptown Upbeat, Great Skies, Introspection, Peace, Love, Harmony, Enthusiasm Music by Jay Man OurMusicBox.com
We are jasonh300 and sippigrrrl! Follow us on social media:
Louisiana Visitors Guide - YouTube HD
The sounds of the songbirds is unbelievable and reason enough to visit this part of Louisiana. I would love to spend a few days or longer just filming the birds and recording their song, I saw my first cardinal bird ever but it flew away before I could film it. The scenery is spectacular with rivers and farms lining the country road, Melrose Historic House was closed on the day we were there but still seeing a plantation house was emotional. The beauty conflicted by the history of plantations and slavery and I couldn't even imagine what went on around here 100 to 150 years ago. I would love to spend more time and learn of the history from people who live in the area. After a brief stop it was on to Natchitoches is an amazing city, historic, beautiful, colorful a real gem and if it wasn't for the information at the tourism stop we would have passed by it.
music by The James Quintet 04 - Pay The Piper (take 05)
Tour St. Martin Parish, Louisiana
From great music and delicious foods to swamp tours and specialty shopping, there's so much to do in St. Martin Parish, Louisiana.