Guttenberg is a city in Clayton County, Iowa, United States, along the Mississippi River. The population was 1,919 at the 2010 census, down from 1,987 at the 2000 census. Continue reading... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
2. Lock and Dam No. 10Guttenberg Lock and Dam No. 10 is a lock and dam located in Guttenberg, Iowa on the Upper Mississippi River around river mile 615.0. It was constructed and placed in operation November 1937. The site underwent major rehabilitation 1989—2006. The dam consists of a concrete dam 763 feet long with four roller gates and eight tainter gates. The earth embankment is 4,223 feet long with a concrete spillway 1,200 feet long. The lock is 110 feet wide by 600 feet long. The lock and dam are owned and operated by the St. Paul District of the United States Army Corps of Engineers-Mississippi Valley Division. The Friends of Pool 10 is a volunteer organization dedicated to the cleanup of the sloughs, backwaters and islands of the pool. Its first annual cleanup was in April 2007. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
3. Taliesin Preservation: Frank Lloyd Wright Visitor CenterSpring Green Taliesin , sometimes known as Taliesin East, Taliesin Spring Green, or Taliesin North after 1937, was the estate of American architect Frank Lloyd Wright. Located 2.5 miles south of the village of Spring Green, Wisconsin, United States, the 600-acre property was developed on land that originally belonged to Wright's maternal family. Wright designed the Taliesin structure two years after leaving his first wife and home in Oak Park, Illinois with a mistress, Mamah Borthwick. The design of the original building was consistent with the design principles of the Prairie School, emulating the flatness of the plains and the natural limestone outcroppings of Wisconsin's Driftless Area. The structure was completed in 1911. Wright rebuilt the Taliesin residential wing in 1914 after a disgruntled empl... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
4. House on the RockSpring Green The House on the Rock is a tourist attraction located between the cities of Dodgeville and Spring Green, Wisconsin. Opened in 1959, it is a complex of architecturally distinct rooms, streets, gardens, and shops designed by Alex Jordan Jr. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
5. Iowa 80 Trucking MuseumWalcott This list of museums in Iowa is a list of museums, defined for this context as institutions that collect and care for objects of cultural, artistic, scientific, or historical interest and make their collections or related exhibits available for public viewing. Museums that exist only in cyberspace are not included. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
6. New Glarus Brewing CompanyNew Glarus The New Glarus Brewing Company is an American brewery founded in 1993. Located in New Glarus, Wisconsin, it is an independently owned craft brewery. New Glarus Brewing Company is the 16th largest craft brewer and 25th largest overall brewing company in the United States. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
8. Cave of the MoundsBlue Mounds Cave of the Mounds, a natural limestone cave located near Blue Mounds, Wisconsin, United States, is named for two nearby hills called the Blue Mounds. It is located in the southern slope of the east hill. The cave's beauty comes from its many varieties of mineral formations called speleothems. The Chicago Academy of Sciences considers the Cave of the Mounds to be the significant cave of the upper Midwest because of its beauty, and it is promoted as the jewel box of major American caves. In 1987, the United States Department of the Interior and the National Park Service designated the cave as a National Natural Landmark. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Scenic City Empress Riverboat, Iowa Falls, Iowa
There's nothing more relaxing than a float on the water, a little food, a guided tour, and the scenic limestone bluffs that makes this double-decker boat ride a real treasure.
Iowa Land and Sky: The Mississippi River
Explore the eastern border of Iowa along the Mississippi River including dramatic aerial cinematography, peregrine falcon restoration and river commerce.
Dubuque - Iowa Great Place
On October 22, 2010, Dubuque, Iowa was recognized for its three-year participation in the Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs' Iowa Great Places program. This video highlights their projects and accomplishments.
If you live in a unique community with a strong vision for innovation, and enhancing vitality and quality of life, while staying true to what makes your community unique, the Iowa Great Places Program can recognize your efforts and help bring those visions to reality. The program provides designation and supports the development of new and existing infrastructure intended to cultivate the unique and authentic qualities of neighborhoods, communities and regions in Iowa. Iowa Great Places is a program of the Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs.
Pikes Peak State Park Iowa
Sight-seer with video camera enjoys veiw to east where the murky Wisconsin River flows west into the muddy Mississippi River at beautiful Pikes Peak State Park, located at 32264 Pikes Peak Road, Mc Gregor, Iowa 52157
Paddle for Prevention - Episode 8 (De Soto WI to Burlington IA) [HD]
In this episode we make our way through our home state and get to visit many friends & family along our way. One of the best stops was our fundraiser event at Shep's in Lansing, Iowa. That night we raised over $5,000 toward the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention! The purpose of this trip is to raise money for suicide awareness and prevention. All funds donated will go directly to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
For best quality watch in 720p or 1080p. No copyright intended.