Killingworth is a town in Middlesex County, Connecticut, United States. The population was 6,455 as of July 1, 2015. Continue reading... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
The Best Attractions In Killingworth
1. Chatfield Hollow State ParkKillingworth Chatfield Hollow State Park is a public recreation area occupying 412 acres that lie adjacent to Cockaponset State Forest in the town of Killingworth, Connecticut. The state park offers hiking trails, a swimming beach, trout fishing, mountain biking, rock climbing, and picnicking areas. Park attractions include 6.67-acre Schreeder Pond, Indian caves, historic sites, a restored water wheel, and a reproduction covered bridge. The park is managed by the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
3. Foxwoods Resort CasinoMashantucket Foxwoods Resort Casino is a hotel and casino complex owned and operated by the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation on their reservation located in Ledyard, Connecticut. Including six casinos, the resort covers an area of 9,000,000 sq ft . The casinos have more than 250 gaming tables for blackjack, craps, roulette, and poker, and have more than 5,500 slot machines. There are several restaurants within the casinos, among them a Hard Rock Cafe. Foxwoods has two hotel towers, with a total of 2,266 hotel rooms; and a two-story game arcade for children and teens. The original tower, the Grand Pequot Tower, opened in 1997, while the second opened in 2008 as the MGM Grand; it was re-branded the Fox Tower in 2013. In 2015, a retail complex, known as Tanger Outlet Mall, opened between the two hotel to... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
4. Norman Rockwell MuseumStockbridge Norman Percevel Rockwell was an American author, painter and illustrator. His works have a broad popular appeal in the United States for their reflection of American culture. Rockwell is most famous for the cover illustrations of everyday life he created for The Saturday Evening Post magazine over nearly five decades. Among the best-known of Rockwell's works are the Willie Gillis series, Rosie the Riveter, The Problem We All Live With, Saying Grace, and the Four Freedoms series. He is also noted for his 64-year relationship with the Boy Scouts of America , during which he produced covers for their publication Boys' Life, calendars, and other illustrations. These works include popular images that reflect the Scout Oath and Scout Law such as The Scoutmaster, A Scout is Reverent and A Guiding... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
6. Gillette Castle State ParkEast Haddam Gillette Castle State Park straddles the towns of East Haddam and Lyme, Connecticut in the United States, sitting high above the Connecticut River. The castle was originally a private residence commissioned and designed by William Gillette, an American actor who is most famous for his portrayal of Sherlock Holmes on stage. Gillette lived at this estate from 1919–1937. The estate was purchased by the state of Connecticut in 1943 for a price of $5,000. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
7. Hammonasset Beach State ParkMadison Connecticut Hammonasset Beach State Park is a public recreation area occupying two miles of beach front on Long Island Sound in the town of Madison, Connecticut. It is the state's largest shoreline park and one of the most popular attractions in the state, drawing an estimated one million visitors annually. The state park offers beach activities, large campground, and nature center. It is managed by the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
8. Stanley parkWestfield Massachusetts Stanley Park Stanley Park in a non-profit privately owned park including an arboretum and botanical garden, located in Westfield, Massachusetts. It is open to the public daily without charge from May to November., and although the park is closed during the winter people can still enter the park at their own risk. The duck pond area, is monitored 24/7 with three security cameras, that you can access on the park's website page https://www.stanleypark.org/webcams.html. These security cameras were installed just about 6 months after three teenagers killed a Muscovy Duck, in November 11th, 2011. Westfield Bank donated the security cameras, after public outcry that the park did not have any surveillance on the duck pond area. Last year a volunteer at the park created a memorial sign to be placed... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Westbrook Inn B&B in Westbrook CT
Website: . . .. .. ... . . . . . . . . . Westbrook Inn B&B 976 Boston Post Rd Westbrook CT 06498 Offering free bicycle rentals and free WiFi access, B&B is located in Westbrook. The property, housed in a Victorian building that dates to 1876, features a number of shared outdoor spaces, including a gazebo, a back patio and a wraparound front porch. Period furnishings and a flat-screen TV are included with each guest room at Westbrook Inn B&B. Select rooms are equipped with a kitchenette or a gas fireplace. Meeting facilities are available at the B&B Inn Westbrook. Guests can relax in the library or on the private dock. An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including cycling and fishing. There is a complimentary wine and cheese hour each Saturday evening. A full homemade breakfast is served daily. Outdoor dining is available depending on the season. Westbrook Town Beach is just 2 minutes’ drive from Westbrook Inn B&B. Tanger Outlets shopping centre is 3 minutes’ drive.