Burnsville is a town and the county seat of Yancey County, North Carolina, United States. The population was 1,693 at the 2010 census. Continue reading... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
The Best Attractions In Burnsville
1. Mount Mitchell State ParkBurnsville Mount Mitchell is the highest peak of the Appalachian Mountains and the highest peak in mainland eastern North America. It is located near Burnsville in Yancey County, North Carolina, in the Black Mountain subrange of the Appalachians, and about 19 miles northeast of Asheville. It is protected by Mount Mitchell State Park and surrounded by the Pisgah National Forest. Mount Mitchell's elevation is 6,684 feet above sea level. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
8. Grandfather MountainLinville Grandfather Mountain is a mountain, a non-profit attraction, and a North Carolina state park near Linville, North Carolina. At 5,946 feet , it is the highest peak on the eastern escarpment of the Blue Ridge Mountains, one of the major chains of the Appalachian Mountains. The Blue Ridge Parkway passes by the south side of the mountain and also passes over the nearby Grandmother Gap. It is located at the meeting point of Avery, Caldwell , and Watauga counties. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
9. Clingmans DomeGreat Smoky Mountains National Park Clingmans Dome is a mountain in the Great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee and North Carolina, in the southeastern United States. At an elevation of 6,643 feet , it is the highest mountain in the Smokies, the highest point in the state of Tennessee, and the highest point along the 2,174-mile Appalachian Trail. It is also the third highest point in mainland Eastern North America, after the nearby Mount Mitchell and Mount Craig . From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
10. Roaring ForkGreat Smoky Mountains National Park Roaring Fork is a stream in the Great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee, located in the Southeastern United States. Once the site of a small Appalachian community, today the stream's area is home to the Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail and the Roaring Fork Historic District. Like many mountain streams, Roaring Fork is volatile. While the stream presents as a peaceful trickle on any given day, it quickly becomes a raging whitewater rapid after a mild rain shower. The roar of the water is amplified by its echo on surrounding mountain ridges. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
11. Roaring Fork Motor Nature TrailGreat Smoky Mountains National Park Roaring Fork is a stream in the Great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee, located in the Southeastern United States. Once the site of a small Appalachian community, today the stream's area is home to the Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail and the Roaring Fork Historic District. Like many mountain streams, Roaring Fork is volatile. While the stream presents as a peaceful trickle on any given day, it quickly becomes a raging whitewater rapid after a mild rain shower. The roar of the water is amplified by its echo on surrounding mountain ridges. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
12. Laurel FallsGreat Smoky Mountains National Park The Laurel Falls Trail is an American hiking trail, in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park of Sevier County, Tennessee. The trail ascends Cove Mountain , leading past Laurel Falls, one of the most popular waterfalls in the national park, en route to the summit of Cove Mountain and the Cove Mountain fire tower. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Pilot Mountain State Park - Pinnacle, North Carolina
A drive through Pilot Mountain State Park, located in Pinnacle, North Carolina. Pilot Mountain State Park is a beautiful and picturesque place to enjoy nature. The state park includes things such as camping, picnicking, hiking and rock climbing. There are miles of trails. The 49 site family campground offers no hookups, but water spigots are located throughout the campground. There is no dump station located at Pilot Mountain State Park.
Be sure to check out the park more at .
Please give a thumbs up if you like the video and feel free to comment. Please subscribe to our channel to see more videos and to be notified when we post new videos!
Visit us on the web at Like us on Facebook at
Big Bald | Appalachian Trail
Experience the summit of Big Bald via the Appalachian Trail! Hike started at a parking area in the Wolf Laurel community where the hazardous weather section bypasses the summit. There are great views of the Black Mountain Range to the east which contains Mt. Mitchell, the highest peak in the Eastern United States!
GoPro Hero 3+ with handheld stabilizer.
Captured September 2017.
Be sure to like and subscribe for more hiking videos in the Appalachians!
Small Town North Carolina
Can you name this North Carolina Town with Smith's Drugs? Adventures of Chamandance! Chance & Amanda explore the world and capture some fun moments to share with you.
Dellinger's Mill | NC Weekend | UNC-TV
Producer Bryan Mims visits a historic, continuously running grist mill in Mitchell County, and learns more about its story from owner Jack Dellinger.
Mt Mitchell camping trip June 2016
Small Town America ~ 4th Of July Festival
Small towns like this are truly the heart of America. I was hired to go shoot some video and time-lapses of this festival. Here's a look at how a small town in North Carolina get's their 4th on.
Mt. Mitchell Restaurant view , North Carolina .mp4
Foggy rainy day on the Blue Ridge Parkway? You can still find inspiration and a wonderful mountain dining experience at the Mt. Mitchell Restaurant near the summit of Mt. Mitchell. Author Chrissy K. McVay loves to find places of inspiration to take photos and write. She doesn't have to look far in the mountains. Mt. Mitchell Restaurant serves hot food, coffee and wonderful desserts. Just finish the hike up the Mountains to Sea trail from Black Mountain Campground? Stop into the restaurant for ice cream! Though they are usually open 8 AM - 8 PM Monday thru Sunday during the summer, you may want to call for exact hours.