Newland is a town in Avery County, North Carolina, United States. The population was 698 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Avery County. Continue reading... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
The Best Attractions In Newland
1. Mountain Glen Golf ClubNewland This is a list of places where social nudity is practised in North America for recreation. As a philosophy, this practice is commonly referred to as naturism; the International Naturist Federation has affiliates in over 30 countries. However, most who indulge in this activity are likely not formal members of a naturist organization. This listing includes free beaches and some private resorts. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
3. Virginia Creeper TrailDamascus The Virginia Creeper Trail is a 35-mile multi-purpose rail trail, located in the Mount Rogers National Recreation Area of southwestern Virginia. The trail runs from Abingdon to Whitetop, Virginia, near the North Carolina state line – through National Forest and crossing numerous restored trestles and crossing the Appalachian Trail. The trail descends from Abingdon to Damascus, traversing rolling farm countryside and numerous parcels of private property – requiring opening and closing private gates along the route. From Damascus, hikers, cyclists and equestrians ascend to Whitetop, following Laurel Creek. Cyclists can use a shuttle service to Whitetop for the 17-mile return descent. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
4. Grandfather MountainLinville Grandfather Mountain is a mountain, a non-profit attraction, and a North Carolina state park near Linville, North Carolina. At 5,946 feet , it is the highest peak on the eastern escarpment of the Blue Ridge Mountains, one of the major chains of the Appalachian Mountains. The Blue Ridge Parkway passes by the south side of the mountain and also passes over the nearby Grandmother Gap. It is located at the meeting point of Avery, Caldwell , and Watauga counties. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
5. Mount Mitchell State ParkBurnsville Mount Mitchell is the highest peak of the Appalachian Mountains and the highest peak in mainland eastern North America. It is located near Burnsville in Yancey County, North Carolina, in the Black Mountain subrange of the Appalachians, and about 19 miles northeast of Asheville. It is protected by Mount Mitchell State Park and surrounded by the Pisgah National Forest. Mount Mitchell's elevation is 6,684 feet above sea level. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
6. Pisgah National ForestPisgah Forest Pisgah National Forest is a National Forest in the Appalachian Mountains of western North Carolina. It is administered by the United States Forest Service, part of the United States Department of Agriculture. The Pisgah National Forest is completely contained within the state of North Carolina. The forest is managed together with the other three North Carolina National Forests from common headquarters in Asheville, North Carolina. There are local ranger district offices located in Pisgah Forest, Mars Hill, and Nebo. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Linville, NC Up & Down
A time lapse road video, set to music, of U.S. Route 221 & NC Route 105 in the Linville area of Watauga County, North Carolina. Video includes at partial ride on Grandfather Mountain.
Grandfather Mountain,Linville, North Carolina HD 10-5-2011
Grandfather Mountain is located near Linville, North Carolina and is a NC State Park. At 5,946 ft., it is best known for its mile-high swinging bridge, the highest in America, built in 1952. The scene in the 1994 film Forest Gump where he runs on a curvy mountain road was filmed here.
Sliding Rock, North Carolina
Watch the fun at Sliding Rock, North Carolina, with the screams from all ages! Located in Pisgah National Forest near Brevard and Asheville. Info at romanticasheville.com/sliding_rock_north_carolina.htm
Waterfall - Linville Falls - North Carolina
Linville Falls in North Carolina
Meditation Impromptu 02 by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license ( Source: Artist:
Linville Falls Camping North Carolina
We are a family that travels. We love to explore what NC has to offer and anything else South. Like, comment and Subscribe below to follow us around NC. Thanks for watching!
Three Elk in an empty campsite
We were in sites 1 & 2. These Elk were filmed roaming through sites 3-5.
Bald Knob Campground, Blue Ridge Parkway, Virginia USA.mp4
on the Blueridge Parkway in the Great State of Virginny (Virginia), one of the premier national parks in the United States