Pinehurst is a village in Moore County, North Carolina, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 13,124. It is home of the historic golf resort, Pinehurst Resort. A large portion of the central village, including the resort complexes, is a National Historic Landmark District, designated in 1996 for its landscape design and its significance in the history of golf in the United States. Continue reading... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
The Best Attractions In Pinehurst & The Sandhills
1. Airborne and Special Operations MuseumFayetteville North Carolina The U.S. Army Airborne & Special Operations Museum is part of the United States Army Museum System. Located near Fort Bragg, Fayetteville, North Carolina, it has been open to the public since 2000. Its emphasis is on United States military history especially U.S. Army airborne and special operations forces. In October 2013 the ASOM opened the Task Force Ranger and the Battle of Mogadishu Exhibit. The exhibit features immersive dioramas and artifacts from the battle including the wreckage of Super 6-1, the first Black Hawk helicopter shot down during the battle, and Super 6-4. The downing of Super 6-1 is widely considered to be a turning point in the battle and is chronicled in the book by Mark Bowden and movie Black Hawk Down produced by Ridley Scott. In late 2016 the museum is planning an... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
2. Veterans ParkFayetteville North Carolina This is a list of Confederate monuments and memorials that were established as public displays and symbols of the Confederate States of America , Confederate leaders, or Confederate soldiers of the American Civil War. Part of the commemoration of the American Civil War, these symbols include monuments and statues, flags, holidays and other observances, and the names of schools, roads, parks, bridges, counties, cities, lakes, dams, military bases, and other public works.Monuments and memorials are listed below alphabetically by state, and by city within each state. States not listed have no known qualifying items for the list. For monuments and memorials which have been removed, consult Removal of Confederate monuments and memorials. Some but by no means all are included below. This list do... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
3. Pine Needles Golf ClubSouthern Pines Pinus taeda, commonly known as loblolly pine, is one of several pines native to the Southeastern United States, from central Texas east to Florida, and north to Delaware and southern New Jersey. The wood industry classifies the species as a southern yellow pine. U.S. Forest Service surveys found that loblolly pine is the second-most common species of tree in the United States, after red maple. For its timber, the pine species is regarded as the most commercially important tree in Southeastern US.The common name loblolly is given because the pine species is found mostly in lowlands and swampy areas.Loblolly pine is the first among over 100 species of Pinus to have its complete genome sequenced. As of March 2014, it was the organism having the largest sequenced genome size. Its genome, with ... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
4. Pinehurst Course Number 2Pinehurst Pinehurst Resort is a historic golf resort in the United States, located in Pinehurst, North Carolina. It has hosted a number of prestigious golf tournaments. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
5. Sandhills Horticultural GardensPinehurst Sandhills Horticultural Gardens are gardens and natural areas located on the campus of Sandhills Community College, 3395 Airport Road, Pinehurst, North Carolina, in the United States. They are open to the public daily without charge. The gardens include a formal garden in the English style, collections of conifers and holly, a native wetland trail, a fruit and vegetable garden, roses, azaleas, rhododendrons, and a xeriscape devoted to cacti, yuccas, and other succulents. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
6. Mid Pines Golf ClubSouthern Pines In 2009, tornadic activity was generally near average. Each year, tornadoes and tornado outbreaks occur worldwide primarily under conductive conditions, though a majority of tornadoes form in the United States. Tornadoes also occur to a less frequent extent in Europe, Asia, and Australia. In the U.S., there were 1,304 reports of tornadoes received by the Storm Prediction Center , and 1,159 tornadoes were confirmed to have taken place. Worldwide, 45 fatalities were caused by tornadoes, with 22 in the U.S., 15 in India, four in Canada, two in Greece and one each in Serbia and Russia. Tornadic activity in 2009 began with the development an EF1 tornado near Stringer, Mississippi on January 3 and ended with the dissipation of an EF0 tornado near Vancleave, Mississippi on December 24. During the... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
7. Weymouth WoodsSouthern Pines Weymouth Woods-Sandhills Nature Preserve is a North Carolina state park in Moore County, North Carolina in the United States. Located near Southern Pines, North Carolina, it covers 915 acres in the Sandhills region of the state. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
11. Pinehurst Course Number 4Pinehurst Pinehurst Resort is a historic golf resort in the United States, located in Pinehurst, North Carolina. It has hosted a number of prestigious golf tournaments. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
14. Museum of Cape FearFayetteville North Carolina This list of museums in North Carolina is a list of museums, defined for this context as institutions that collect and care for objects of cultural, artistic, scientific, or historical interest and make their collections or related exhibits available for public viewing. Museums that exist only in cyberspace are not included. To use the sortable table, click on the icons at the top of each column to sort that column in alphabetical order; click again for reverse alphabetical order. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
15. Fayetteville Area Transportation and Local History MuseumFayetteville North Carolina Fayetteville is a city in Cumberland County, North Carolina, United States. It is the county seat of Cumberland County, and is best known as the home of Fort Bragg, a major U.S. Army installation northwest of the city. Fayetteville has received the All-America City Award from the National Civic League three times. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 200,564, with an estimated population of 204,408 in 2013. It is the 6th-largest city in North Carolina. Fayetteville is in the Sandhills in the western part of the Coastal Plain region, on the Cape Fear River. With an estimated population in 2013 of 210,533 people, the Fayetteville metropolitan area is the largest in southeastern North Carolina, and the fifth-largest in the state. Suburban areas of metro Fayetteville include Fort Bragg... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Pinehurst & The Sandhills Videos
Magnolia Inn, Pinehurst NC
The charming Magnolia Inn is located in the heart of historic Pinehurst, North Carolina. This 115 year old gem is situated amidst long leaf pines and magnolia trees just steps away from the village, where you can find a variety of shops, galleries and restaurants. In the evening, you can enjoy excellent food in a casual setting right here at the Magnolia. Join us for dinner and relax in our dining room or pub. Or, you may want to take in the sights and sounds of the village dining on our patio or verandah. If you're celebrating a special occasion or simply want an intimate setting to spend time with friends, please ask about our private dining options.
Pinehurst is of course a golfer's paradise. The Magnolia is only minutes away from many challenging courses, which will appeal to golfers of all skill levels.
Each of the Magnolia's 10 guest rooms offers a private bath and cable TV. Complimentary high-speed Internet access is also available.
Pinehurst Track Restaurant | NC Weekend | UNC-TV
If you're a fan of equestrian sports, delicious breakfast, or both, you'll love this restaurant just off the track in Pinehurst! Bob Garner agrees.
The Ultimate Golfer's Cottage In Pinehurst NC Minutes from Pinehurst #2
This Luxury Contemporary Ranch has it all. Convenient location to Old Town Pinehurst, post office, hospital and famed Pinehurst #2. Exquisite details run throughout this unique home, from hardwood floors to custom lighting and custom private bathrooms for every bedroom. A spacious open living/kitchen/dining/office area spanning over 30X33 invites you in as soon as you enter the home in addition to the ample natural light provided by sky lights and large windows makes for a warm and inviting living area. The Carolina room off the kitchen over looks the private back yard that sits on a large corner lot. The bonus room is a great place to get away or makes for a great recreation room. Each of the 4 bedrooms offers a custom private bathroom with tile showers and granite counter tops. The Master bedroom with its high ceiling, large walk in closet and spa like bathroom is truly a piece of paradise. The home also comes with a Pinehurst CC membership with the buyer to pay prevailing transfer fee.
Luxury Private Retreat Located In Pinehurst, NC
Gorgeous stone and cedar cottage style home located in one of the areas premier private gated communities, The Country Club of North Carolina. Situated on a large 1.5+ acre corner lot, this home offers privacy and convenience to all of the clubs amenities. Spanning over 3 levels, that includes 3 separate living areas, 2 large workshop areas, 3 fireplaces (one in the master bedroom), 2 outdoor living areas, and a very open plan on the main level this home has it all. Lot next to the house is also for sale at $79,000. Recently installed Cherry Hardwood Floors in the living room, granite countertops in the kitchen and new tile in the foyer and half bath on the main level. Please call Scott Lincicome for any additional questions about the house or the CCNC membership.
Sprint to Streamsong Episode 3: Pinehurst - The Home of American Golf
Day 4 of our 10 day golfing RV trip brought us to Pinehurst Resort where we tackled the famed No. 2, new Gil Hanse designed short course The Cradle, and the monstrous 18-hole putting course, Thistle Dhu. Watch all the sunrise to sunset action in Sprint to Streamsong Episode 3! More on thedapperdrive.com
Tour of Downtown Hillsborough NC and Local Businessses Pt. 1
This is a tour of Downtown Hillsborough NC and the local businesses that make it such a great place to live.
ACWR vs The Sandhills
Aberdeen Carolina & Western has appropriately named their line between Aberdeen and Star the Sandhills Division. A 68-car unit train loaded with corn, weighing in at just over 9,000 tons, has been delivered to the ACWR from the CSXT in Aberdeen. Now this train must negotiate the sandhills to make it to Perdue Farms in Candor, NC.
An ex-Conrail C40-8W, along with a CSX AC44AH, are barely enough horsepower to pull this train in dramatic fashion up some of the steepest grades in this region of the state.
Aberdeen hosts the ruling grade of the whole division. It's argued by many to be anywhere from 1.5 to 2 percent. The ACWR crew doesn't even attempt to take the whole train up the hill out of Aberdeen; but, elects to take the train up in two seperate cuts to double the hill. The first scene shows the train bringing up the second cut up to Summit Siding in Talbird, where the whole train will be reassembled again for the remainder of the trip. With only 47 cars, this hill still shows it's dominance.
At Talbird, the whole train has just been reassembled at Summit Siding and pulls from a dead stop to continue up the grade towards Pinehurst. It isn't as easy as it looks.
In Pinehurst, the train has just made track speed but pulls em back for a 10 MPH temporary slow order. As the camera zooms out, the greens of the Pinehurst #2 golf course can be seen on both sides of the frame. And an ACWR decal identifies the overhead bridge over Hwy 5.
And finally, at West End, the whole train is seen being lugged up another respectable hill approaching Hoffman Road.
Pinehurst Festival of Trees | NC Weekend | UNC-TV
The annual Festival of Trees in Pinehurst showcases the most stunning works of Christmas tree designers, along with live music and numerous holiday shopping opportunities. If you stop by, you might even see Santa Claus!
Talamore Golf Resort | NC Weekend | UNC-TV
Weekend Golfer Jeff Smith heads to Talamore Golf Resort in Pinehurst, known for challenging holes and...llamas!
Great Dismal Swamp, NC
S/V Kairos motors down the Great Dismal Swamp canal, part of the ICW in North Carolina